IVF SupportAcupuncture + Nature's Medicine
to support you on the next step in your Fertility journey
At Life + Lemons, we honour the journey of each of our fertility patients’. Be it a process you’re embarking on with a partner, solo or with a donor we empathise and respect how difficult this decision or process can be.
Acupuncturist and clinic director, Kimberley Shepherd, has gained a wealth of experience in acupuncture and IVF throughout her career, and has extensive knowledge of IVF protocols, medications and expectations.
She would be delighted to provide support through your IVF journey with compassion, kindness and knowledge to help you feel calm and empowered on your road to conception.
IVF can often feel mechanical, overwhelming and isolating. But Life + Lemons Clinic offers a space for you to disconnect in from the mechanics of your IVF journey and lean into a sense of well-being.
After all, fertility is a journey of creativity, flow and stepping into your greatest power as Woman.
YOUR ACUPUNCTURE + IVF TREATMENT PLAN
During your first session, Kimberley will go through your medical and fertility history in detail before designing you a unique acupuncture treatment plan.
Nutrition + Lifestyle
Looking beyond the needles, Kimberley considers making any herbal, nutritional and lifestyle recommendations that may increase your chances of IVF success. Referrals to one of our specialist team of pracitioners may also be made, if this is relevant.
Integrated approach to IVF success
We understand that IVF is a complex and specialised form of medical intervention so we aim to partner with you and your chosen healthcare team. We also have a team of incredible practitioners here at Life + Lemons who regularly work together to create integrated treatment plans to support women through their fertility journey.
Evidence Based Treatment
Kimberley will also discuss with you the latest research into IVF and acupuncture to help inform you on your journey.
Download your free IVF acupuncture treatment plan
This is a compilation of evidence based research to help offer you clarity about what we are doing and when.
To receive your very own IVF acupuncture treatment plan then please complete the form below and we will send it straight through to you by email 🙂
Or alternatively, if you have a specific questions regarding IVF preparation and acupuncture treatment, please reach out to us directly.
IVF Acupuncture Treatment Plan
Download your free acupuncture for fertility treatment plan and find out how acupuncture supports you at each phase of your fertility treatment journey. This is a treatment protocol giving you the best advice based on the most up to date research, but if you'd like more specific personalised advice then please reach out to schedule a free initial consultation. https://lifeandlemons.janeapp.co.uk/#/staff_member/1/treatment/32
The Benefits of Acupuncture
Acupuncture offers a whole body approach through its ability to regulate your mental state of being by down regulating recipients into their relaxation response, but research also indicates it increases blood flow to the uterus thereby improving chances of implantation. In this sense, Kimberley provides a mind, body, spirit treatment plan.
Begin your journey today.
IVF + Acupuncture
Kimberley recommends pre-conception care to all her fertility patients. By creating the healthiest and most vibrant internal environment through acupuncture, nutrition, herbs and lifestyle, we create the fertile soil for a child to thrive!
What to look out for?
- A regular cycle is between 28 to 30 day cycle. When in good health there will be no premenstrual symptoms.
- Improving cervical mucous. This is extremely important as it aids the sperm to swim into the fallopian tubes. Without it sperm will die before arriving at their destination.
- Regular Ovulation. Acupuncture can help regulate ovulation if you are early or late in your cycle.
- A healthy menstrual bleed. In traditional Chinese medicine the menstrual bleeding reflects the quality of the uterine lining. In your acupuncture treatment, Kimberley therefore aims to increase the thickness and quality of this lining. It does this through promoting corpus luteal function (which in turn produces progesterone) and through its documented action of increasing blood flow to the uterus (Human Reproduction 11:1314-1317).
- Clinically, it also appears possible to influence the integrity of the eggs released following acupuncture treatment. This may be due to increasing the blood supply to the developing follicles or by increasing the nutritional supply to the egg via the fluids that surround and nourish it.
Following egg collection, Kimberley recommends that you receive treatment to support any local tissue trauma, pain, bloating or bleeding.
2 week wait + Beyond
About your Practitioner
Kimberley Shepherd is a registered TCM (Traditional Chinese Medical) Acupuncturist, passionate about helping women reclaim their feminine edge. After graduating with a First Class Honors in York, she has undertaken specialist training in the area of natural conception, IVF support, menopause + pelvic pain (endometriosis/dysmenorrhea).
It is her passion to help women uncover their unrelinquishing potential by helping build a foundation of strength, wholeness and balance in hormonal health.
Through her study and clinical experience, she has now developed a protocol to work with women through their IVF cycle. This however begins 3 months before, at the conception of your follicles. We work together over this 3 months to ensure the growth and health of these follicles, preparing your body and optimising your health prior to starting IVF.
Begin your journey today.
How It Works
Schedule a Free 1:1
Let’s talk! Please call or email to schedule an initial 20 minute consultation about how Life + Lemons Acupuncture + Integrative Health Clinic may be able to help you.
Are you ready to go right ahead and book your initial treatment and consultation? No problem! Take a little look at our practitioners’ schedule to find a time and date that works for you. Book that appointment and we will send you further details about where to come/what to expect via email.
Discover + Design
1. DISCOVER THE PROBLEM | Knowing the root cause of your hormonal imbalance is the fundamental part of your journey to optimal health.
2. DESIGN THE SOLUTION | Together, we design a clear and simple plan considering every aspect of your emotional and physical health.
We review your progress and treatment plan regularly to ensure it is the most efficient and effective strategy to help you achieve greatest quality of life.