For so long we have placed the onus of responsibility regarding fertility on women which has been consolidated by a fragmented and patriarchal medical system.
Women are taught to bear the burden of blame for not being able to conceive. Either they’re too fat, too thin. Their thyroid is up or it’s down. Their tubes are blocked. They’re not ovulating according to “the norm”. They have irregular cycles. They have immune dysfunction making it inhospitable for sperm to survive. They may have PCOS or fibroids. They have endometriosis. They have high oestrogen, low progesterone, high testosterone. They have ageing ovaries…
And the list goes on.
But here’s the stark reality and uncomfortable truth. It’s not just you!
- 1 in 6 couple have difficulty trying to conceive
- 50% of cases the problem is sperm related
- Mens health isn’t considered to be a contributing problem in sub-fertility when they have already had one child in the past – regardless of recurrent miscarriages with a new partner, and is therefore never routinely checked.
- Men only have a singular sperm sample checked, rarely repeated and never routinely offered a hormone profile or physical examination.
- It takes 90 days for sperm to mature and the health is directly influenced by diet and lifestyle.
What does this mean?
Men need better support and guidance with fertility. From adequate testing at the right time to clear and concise information about how to support sperm health.
At Life + Lemons we are delighted to offer you a sequence of weekly emails about male fertility, in the hope they offer you simple, up to date information and support about how you as a couple can fast track your fertility journey by addressing both male and female aspects of health.
What will we cover:
- Male Fertility Factors, Investigations + Treatment
- What is DNA fragmentation and what can we do about it
- The anatomy of sperm and art of conception
- Hormone testing
- Lifestyle hints + tips
- Additional support, online community groups and podcasts
- Male fertility according to Chinese medicine
- The benefits of Acupuncture in male fertility
- Covid + Male Fertility
We will constantly be adding to this sequence as we gather together additional information or as guidance, studies, statistics change. But know you are supported; both of you.
We as a clinic aim to offer you an integrated approach to fertility care and to help guide you with clarity on the next steps in your fertility journey.
In the mean time, if you or your partner would like to explore treatment or talk more specifically about your unique picture of health then please reach out!
I look forward to sharing some beautiful, clinical pearls of wisdom for yourself and your partner to digest over the coming weeks 🙂
To sign up to these insightful and encouraging emails the please click on the button below…